Thursday, June 19, 2014

At the speed of a sloth



Not the speed of lightning.
No where near the speed of lighting.

We’re talking the speed of a snail.
Or a turtle.
Or a sloth.

To my American eyes, that’s how it looks.
that’s how fast crises get sorted out.

There’s (almost) always a solution
An answer.
A way.

But don’t expect it to be quick.
And don’t expect it to be the solution you’re looking for.

Sometimes, in emergencies, or crisies, I want to put on my American “get it done…NOW” hat – and try to make things happen.
I want it to be efficient.
And logical.
And most importantly, done…finished…solved.

And then I remember that there is a way (even if it seems like there isn't).
There are systems (even if they are very frustrating to me)
And if I wasn’t here to intervene, the problem would most likely be solved eventually.


And in my better moments, I get to take a step back and acknowledge the truth and beauty, the compassion and grace that is all around.

No comments: