Wednesday, March 28, 2012

some things worth sharing

Here are some links worth sharing...

A cool way to partner with Sari Bari


A "Thank you" video to the students from Passion who donated to help buy a new building for Sari Bari
When i watched the video it brought tears to my eyes. There are lots of organizations represented, so it's not all about Sari Bari...but i finally realized what i love about this video is you can see the faces of some of the most amazing women in the world. The women who love me...who are with me. my heros. my sisters. you get to catch a glimpse of their beauty...and i don't normally get to "introduce" these dear friends/sisters to the rest of you like this.

A WMF "intro" video

 Pilgrimage for the Soul by Phileena Heuertz (International co-director of WMF) is on sale on Kindle for only $2.99 until April 1.

and as for me...well, still have lots to say...the week since i've been home has been full. full of stuff to do. tasks with urgent deadlines...and sweet time with friends too...and full of peace. that's right....you heard it...peace. who knew?!?!

I continue to feel thankful for the space my time away provided. the perspective that it gave me. there is this buffer around my heart that was missing for a long time. a new way of seeing. a new way of being. i continue to grow and know myself in new ways. i continue to know my place in this community in new and beautiful ways. i am finding God in new ways in the midst of this chaos. something deep inside me has shifted in the past few weeks.

back in December Merilee sent me a song... "The Dog days are over" and it was "for a dance party someday" - it took me over a week to even download the song cause i couldn't imagine even wanting to listen to it. and slowly over the past few months there have been glimpses...moments of feeling like it might be true, like it could be true and very brief moments of feeling this it actually was true. moments where i had a bit of perspective. moments.

but now there is a peace resting deeply over my heart and mind and soul. closing the book on the season of loss and questions and doubt and anger that ran from nov-march. moving forward in new ways now. praying in different ways. seeing in different ways. believing and accepting and questioning...but all in different ways. it is so beautiful. i am so thankful.

...and i know more loss and more questions and more grieving will come. I know it...i already see it coming in some ways...but for now i will rest in this place of peace. I will work to guard it. I will continue to receive the amazing gift the Lord is giving me.

i can hardly believe it...
...the dog days are over. (which is at least a little ironic cause hot season is barreling down on us full force...and in other ways the dog days are just beginning!)


1 comment:

Raleigh said...

That is a great dance song!