Thursday, February 23, 2012

from a good friend

This morning i got to talk with my friend Mandy...which was such a gift (that little sentence doesn't even begin to do justice to how beautiful and encouraging it was to talk with her).

it wasn't the way i planned to start out my day (being so honest with myself and with someone else...sitting on my bed crying to a computer screen)...

here is part of what happened...

i was sharing some thoughts/questions/impressions with Mandy...and she said, "Well, you know that's not true, right?! You need the Jesus Storybook Bible." And then she jumped up from her chair, and got the Jesus Storybook Bible and read to me (and showed me the pictures)....and i sat there and cried and listened to an old story in a new way.

it was beautiful.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

oh mel. i love you.